Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

05 January 2017

❤❤ 5 STAR audio review of A THOUSAND BOY KISSES by Tillie Cole ❤❤

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



One kiss lasts a moment. But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime.One boy. One girl. A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade. A bond that neither time nor distance can break. A bond that will last forever. Or so they believe.

When seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation?Rune's heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come.A stand-alone young adult tearjerker romance, recommended for ages fourteen and up.




I am not sure how I want to summarize how I feel about this book right now. I want to score it low because I hate Tillie Cole for what she just did to me. Yet, I want to score it high because it really was a fabulous book.

I think this is almost how I felt after reading Taking Chances by Molly McAdams. Utterly heartbroken, yet completely in love with the book, but I'm still pissed and upset that Tillie just destroyed my heart that way. I mean I literally felt like my heart had been put through a blender by the end of the book. I. Was. Heartbroken.

Did I love it? Yes. Am I kind of pissed that Tillie wrote a book that had me falling in love with two characters, and broke my heart not only once, but multiple times throughout the book, then completely shattered it by the end? Yeah, I kind of am. But in a weird way, that kind of makes me respect her even more as an author. Respect her because she has the ability to put words together that can wring that type of emotion from me when I read a book.

I did read, or listen, to this book as an audio. Honestly, I can't even tell you about the narrator because I was that sucked into the story. Again, I guess this just goes to show you how much this story sucked me in and totally took over my mind while I was listening.

Well done, Tillie. Well done.

Now someone come give me my thousand boy kisses damn it.


~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~~
Kobo // Amazon US // Amazon UK // Amazon CA  // Amazon AU // B&N // iBooks



No comments:

Post a Comment