Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

04 January 2017

❤❤ THE ROYALS SERIES by Nichole Chase series audio review ❤❤

 The Royals Series by Nichole Chase 






My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reluctantly Royal (The Royals, #3)Maxwell Jameson Trevor, prince of Lilaria, hates his royal role. Despising the limelight, he takes solace in his art studio and steers clear of any drama. But when one of the newly discovered royals passes away, Maxwell's brother Alex asks him to break the news to the old man's granddaughter. Though he hates to be the bearer of doom and gloom, he doesn't want the poor girl to find out from the tabloids. For Maxwell knows all too well how devastating that could be.

Coming from a broken home and modest background, newly ordained Lady Meredith Thysmer has seized her chance to make a better life for herself and her son. She's not afraid to use her best assets to get what she wants. But when the unpretentious yet devastatingly handsome Max delivers his news, her plans for the future come crashing to a halt. In the challenging days ahead, Max's compassion, humor, and steadfast loyalty to Meredith and her son win her over. She quickly finds herself doing something she swore would never happen again: falling in love. And yet Maxwell still refuses to completely drop his guard. Somehow Meredith's got to find a way to seduce this reluctant royal.
 





Continuing with my royals audiobook kick, I picked this up. I just finished book one, so thought it would be good to move to the next book. Please note, this is book three, not two,  and while I may have skipped book two on accident, I didn't feel like I was missing this big huge storyline when this one started. Even now that it's over, you can clearly tell while each book contains the same characters, and you see them again, each royal is the focus of their own book.

Moving on to Meredith and Max. First, holy cow is her dad a dick! Lord have mercy. Alcohol or not, just wow. And she is so strong for making sure she dealt the hard blows, so no one else did. Now let's move to Max. He sure does do a 180 without even deliberately setting out to do so, doesn't he? And the way he does it is so effortless and smooth, like it was meant to be. le sigh.

I felt like our poor Meredith- what else could she possible be put through? Like what else was there? She is dealt so much crap personally, except with Max. Max is such a rock for her. Everything she needs, he's right there. Before asking, he's giving her what she needs, everytime. I mean, swoon! To me, there is nothing sexier than a man with a child! Especially one that isn't his, but he treats said kid like they are his, without a second thought.

Gah!

I absolutely adored this book, and think I may be slightly obsessed with this series now!





My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Catherine has spent her life being the perfect princess. She’s kept her hands clean, her head down, and most importantly—men at arm’s length. After all, most men are after only one thing, and for Cathy there’s a lot more at stake than her bed; she has to worry about the fate of an entire nation. But at the rate she’s going, Cathy is afraid she’ll give the Virgin Queen a run for her money. She is tired of waiting for someone good enough to come along. She has a plan, and it all hinges on seducing the one man who seems utterly unimpressed by all things royal. The one man she is tempted by more than any other . . . 

When David arrives at the royal wedding of his friend, the newly ordained Duchess Samantha Rousseau, he expected to feel uncomfortable and out of his element, but he wasn’t prepared to be targeted by Prince Alex’s gorgeous younger sister. With Cathy’s giant blue eyes, killer figure, and sense of humor, it won’t take long before he gives in. But when he finds out just how innocent the crown princess really is, will he play the part of knight in shining armor or the dashing rogue?



There is something about the story of David and Princess Cathy that made this book my favorite of the series. I loved how they met and who she thought he was, then how their relationship progressed. How he was such a perfect southern gentleman to her. Add in the drama with Selene and Tabatha and I was gone for. It was the perfect mix of drama and romance. 

I especially love that we get more Alex and Samantha, plus some Max and the Queen too. Let's not forget the ever hilarious Chadwick. This group of Royals is so addicting. I love how they interact, and how they grow into their relationships when they meet their mates. Samantha makes sure that we know that while falling in love is the focus of the storyline, we still get to see all the responsibilities of being a royal. Everything that gets put on their plate as being such a big figurehead.

I'm not sure if this is the same narrator from previous books, but when the narrator can nail an accent, it really brings the book to life. It stops being someone just reading a book to you, and it makes it more real. Like someone is actually telling you their story, and that is what this narrator did.

This one was my favorite, so I gave it 4.5 stars








My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Suddenly Royal (The Royals, #1)Samantha Rousseau is used to getting her hands dirty. Working toward a master’s degree in wildlife biology while helping take care of her sick father, she has no time for celebrity gossip, designer clothes, or lazy vacations. So when a duchess from the small country of Lilaria invites her to dinner, Samantha assumes it’s to discuss a donation for the program. The truth will change the course of her life in ways she never dreamed.

Alex D’Lynsal is trying to keep his name clean. As crown prince of Lilaria, he’s had his share of scandalous headlines, but the latest pictures have sent him packing to America and forced him to swear off women—especially women in the public eye. That is, until he meets Samantha Rousseau. She’s stubborn, feisty, and incredibly sexy. Not to mention heiress to an estate in his country, which makes her everyone’s front-page news.

While Sam tries to navigate the new world of politics and wealth, she will also have to dodge her growing feelings for Alex. Giving in to them means more than just falling in love; it would mean accepting the weight of an entire country on her shoulders.




don't ask me why but for some reason I was in the mood for a royal book. scanning the library this audiobook popped up and I hopped on it. I don't know that I've read this author before, so I got excited. and I'm SO GLAD I did! I really liked this story. honestly, I think this narrator made it even better. she nailed the accents so well and it really made the story come to life. instead of it feeling like someone was just reading words to you, it made you feel like you were really hearing the story! I know, I know, I need to calm down. I don't know what it is about a great narrator that gets me super excited about books!

I loved how Prince Yummy and our Duchess meet. but I also love that once she starts to learn how to be a Duchess, she doesn't change. she's still strong , intelligent, caring- she stays true to her character. learning of her place doesn't change who she is. and then you throw in some Prince Yummy, and good god that's a delicious recipe.

this was such a good book, and even at one point extremely emotional too. I cried. this book has a topic that guts me Everytime. so when Nichole included it, I was a mess. but the Prince was amazing for her through it all, and Chadwick too. you can't help but love all these characters.

and the end



sigh....




~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~~

No comments:

Post a Comment