Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

11 January 2017

❤❤ KULTI by Mariana Zapata 5 Star Audio Review ❤❤

Audio Review 
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



“Trust me, I’ve wanted to punch you in the face a time or five.”



When the man you worshipped as a kid becomes your coach, it’s supposed to be the greatest thing in the world. Keywords: supposed to. 



It didn’t take a week for twenty-seven-year-old Sal Casillas to wonder what she’d seen in the international soccer icon—why she’d ever had his posters on her wall, or ever envisioned marrying him and having super-playing soccer babies. 



Sal had long ago gotten over the worst non-break-up in the history of imaginary relationships with a man that hadn’t known she’d existed. So she isn’t prepared for this version of Reiner Kulti who shows up to her team’s season: a quiet, reclusive, shadow of the explosive, passionate man he’d once been.



Nothing could have prepared her for the man she got to know. 



Or the murderous urges he brought out in her.





oh good Lord I don't think I've giggled that much while listening to an audio, like ever. I swear every time she said the word poop to herself I turned into a 4 year old boy. poop. poop. poop. *giggle giggle * poop. poop. poop. Until finally I couldn't hold it in.




Then you throw in these names they call each other and I couldn't help myself. I would just all out laugh. Taco. Brautwhurst. German Chocolate Cake. I just can't. 

I loved how we hated Kulti in the beginning. But then slowly, his layers get peeled away and you really start to like his character. you fall in love with him, just like Salome did. And goodness, her sassy mouth and sarcasm. It was hands down one of my favorite characteristics of hers and made this one of the  funniest books I've read. Can we just add that the narrator really relayed the sarcasm and sass very very very well. Not only that she also did the different accents very well too.





Not only did this book flow so very well, but I love how much Mariana included soccer in the story. It was not just a small part of the storyline or the basis of the plot, but it was so much a part of their relationship and who they were. It was a huge part of the storyline. Even if you weren't a fan, you will be now for Salome. I found myself cheering her on. Envious of her dedication to the sport and her team, even if they didn't deserve it. Spiteful little jealous brats.



This book was seriously so good. from the drama to the sassy, sarcasm to flirting, growth of our characters and how they open up, to how they fall in love. The writing style, the flow, I was absolutely addicted from the first chapter. And the narrator was AWESOME! I think there was so much more too. Not only did Mariana give us a great book but she also brought forth a very good topic in the sports industry. Women can play just as good, if not better, than men, but get paid far less. And she handled this topic, she used the book as a platform, to open eyes of readers. Yes, women can work hard, be determined, be better, but still.. women are paid less. It happens. But Salome not once lets it deter her. She has a job, she has a soccer career. It's who she is because it's what she loves. 



oh god... but those nicknames ! for real!

If I could give this more than 5stars, I totally would! This is seriously one of the best books I've ever read


~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~~
Amazon US// Audio  // Nook // 

No comments:

Post a Comment