Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

11 January 2017

❤❤ ROYALLY SCREWED by Emma Chase 4.5 star audioreview ❤❤

Audio Review
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars



Nicholas Arthur Frederick Edward Pembrook, Crowned Prince of Wessco, aka His Royal Hotness, is wickedly charming, devastatingly handsome, and unabashedly arrogant; hard not to be when people are constantly bowing down to you. 



Then, one snowy night in Manhattan, the prince meets a dark haired beauty who doesn't bow down. Instead, she throws a pie in his face.


Nicholas wants to find out if she tastes as good as her pie, and this heir apparent is used to getting what he wants. 


Dating a prince isn't what waitress Olivia Hammond ever imagined it would be.


There's a disapproving queen, a wildly inappropriate spare heir, relentless paparazzi, and brutal public scrutiny. While they've traded in horse drawn carriages for Rolls Royces, and haven't chopped anyone's head off lately, the royals are far from accepting of this commoner. 


But to Olivia, Nicholas is worth it.


Nicholas grew up with the whole world watching, and now Marriage Watch is in full force. In the end, Nicholas has to decide who he is and, more importantly, who he wants to be: a King... or the man who gets to love Olivia forever.




*audioreview*

This was another book where I had heard great things and saw it pop up at the library, so decided to pick it up. And I'm glad i did. I am a huge Emma Chase fan, so I was excited to see where she was going to take us on this Royals cruise.

This is going to sound really really strange. But I am glad that when our two main characters meet that she didn't bow down and kiss his feet. I mean hearing that voice did things to her. but the proposition, that was one for the books... literally. Definitely a way to make a first impression on a girl. Oh Prince Nicholas, what will we do with you. Well, dirty, naughty things, but that's a given.

I loved how Emma didn't make this easy on them. The Queen dismissed her like she doesn't matter. Her dad is never around to handle HIS business. And she is carrying loads of stress on her shoulders. Then you throw in that hottie Prince, and our poor little Olivia sure does have her hands full now, doesn't she?

And Nicholas, the Prince. A wild brother, not knowing what is going on with him. Snooty friends, a grandmother who dismisses and insults Olivia whenever she can. Oh but at least we have the hidden path. There's always that.

Add in Simon and Franny, Harry and his antics and Olivia and the Prince have something going on every time they turn around. But the end. What he does. I was mad at first. How everything went down. I mean it must have been the poor girl. If you don't have money, you MUST not know how to be loyal. Like those two go hand in hand. I was so UPSET for Olivia. And then all the sudden he sees the truth and just wants it all fixed? Just, snap of the fingers? The poor little Prince finds that not everything happens how he wants just because he said so.. for some reason I said that in a British accent while I was typing it. . weird. Anyway. I wanted to stomp on his foot, so quick to jump to conclusions. Every one is so quick to blame. I couldn't believe no one, after all the people she had met, had stood up for her. Stood with her. I'm sorry but Harry's "you're making a mistake" didn't cut it for me. I wanted more. I mean Olivia was such a good person so EVERYONE she met, no matter what, and no one could stand up to him in his fury, prince or not? I just.. needed someone to stand for her. Then he pulls his grand gesture , and boy was it grand. I felt like fireworks should have gone off in the background. Bet good ol' Queenie didn't see that one coming.

I loved this book. I loved the flow, the characters, I love Emma's writing style, the humor, the heat. Not to mention the narrator was good, the accents by the narrator really makes you feel like you're listening to a movie. Any time you have a good narrator who can nail accents, doesn't make it feel so much like a book anymore. It makes it feel like someone is sitting there with you, telling you their story. Makes the characters feel more alive.

I really liked this book. I give it 4.5 stars!

~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~~
Amazon US // Audible // iBooks // Kobo // Google Play // B&N 

~Pre-order book two ~
Release Date Feb 21, 2017


~Pre-order book three~
Release Date June 15, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment