Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

30 January 2017

❤❤ CROWN of LIES by Pepper Winters 3.5ish Star Review ❤❤

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



“I met the boy I wanted. But then he vanished and a new man claimed me instead. My father approved, my colleagues congratulated, and behind closed doors, I was bedded by a stranger.”


Noelle Charlston lived a fairy-tale life: a doting father, a powerful job, and a future blessed with financial security.



However, two meetings with two men changed her happy existence forever. First, she met the boy who made her heart sing. Second, she met the man who made her blood quiver.



Noelle’s freedom was no longer hers. It belonged to the man her father believed was the perfect match. The man who pulled his lies over everyone he touched.

Including her.


Seduced and manipulated, Noelle lives two lives. The one everyone sees on the outside and the one no one sees on the inside. The lies he spins, the truth he hides, the mystery he webs—it’s all enough to slowly erode the woman she’d been and turn her into something else.



Until her past collides with her present.

And it’s her turn to lie.
To everyone…including herself.



*ArC received for an honest and unbiased review*

I am stuck on my rating on this. It's between 3-4 stars, maybe 3.5ish .. I'm not really sure.

Let me preface this review by saying that Throne of Truth comes out 4 weeks after Crown of Lies, so I'm trying to keep that in mind while I write this. and that is partly why I'm leaning toward 4 stars, because the conclusion is right around the corner.

This being a duet, you know there is a cliffhanger. I won't tell you who, what, how, or why there's a cliffhanger, just know there is one. now, I'm NOT a fan of cliffhangers. I just don't like them. But if you're going to do them, I feel like you have to answer something. you can throw all the drama and unsolved mysteries at us you want, as long as you give us SOMETHING. That's why I am stuck around 3 stars. Nothing was really answered. You're left with more questions than answers. Penn is so very mysterious, and we're just about to find all our truths when the world comes crashing down on us.

With that being said. was this hot? Hell yes. Is Penn an alpha you're going to love (if alphas are your thing)? Absolutely. Will you love our take the business world by the balls and rule it, Elle? yup, you will. You'll love how these two circle each other and it's all passion and chemistry and angry sex. You'll be pulled into Penn's world and be dying for more, I know I am. I have to know the answers. I need those truths.

I love Fleur. I despise Greg. what is the truth? and who is Penn? who is Adidas and Ballcap? how is this all tied together? Pepper .... just what did you do???

I can't wait to see where this goes. and just how this all tied together. pepper does a great job of delivering, yet again, one of the hottest alphas cloaked in mystery out there.

*arc provided by the author for an honest and unbiased review*


~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~~

No comments:

Post a Comment