Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

05 December 2014

❤❤ Affliction by River Savage - 5 star review ❤❤




Three little words are all it takes to rip his world apart. Lost in his own affliction, Sy has been living in a darkness that he doesn't ever want to let go of. 

Until she arrives and shines her light so bright that nothing else mattered.

She was only in it for the chase, for the thrill of capturing the unattainable.
But what happens when her world shatters around her, spiraling her into the darkness beside him?

Can his affliction be her resurrection?
Or will two lost souls living in the depths of deception let it destroy them?

You can find my 5 star review of Book One, Incandescent, HERE 

On to Affliction...


I'm totally at a loss of words right now, and quite possibly in one helluva book hangover from Sy and Holly. There's been so very few MC books that have made me cry, they're more supposed to be about the drama and the dirt and raw boys. But this one, NOPE, this one made me cry. And not even once but twice. There is such an emotional storyline in this book that runs hand in hand with the drama of the MC. It's not just Holly and Sy who have this emotional storyline, Beau gets pulled into some stuff that pulls at your heartstrings, Nix and Kaydence pop their heads in once in a while and we get to see them again. There's just so much going on, but once again River does a great job of not overwhelming you with different storylines and events happening. She balances them and makes sure they run hand in hand so effortlessly. 

God, just thinking about the story of Sy and Holly has tears forming again. It was just such an emotional read for me. These two characters went on such a hugely epic emotional journey. Don't get me wrong. There's steam and sass and drama, and I love that, but the emotions. Good lord. I feel like I was in the story, I felt like I lived that story. That's how River wrote it, hell that's her writing style. She pulls you in and you feel like your reading your story, like you're Holly. She writes this story that you just immediately connect to, these characters that you immediately relate to in some way. She doesn't disappoint with this story either. From page one, I was sucked in. From page one to the last page, I was involved. I was invested. I was, let's be honest, obsessed. I read this cover to cover and could not put this done til I was done. It was one of those books where as soon as it was over, you are depressed the story ends and want to immediately pick it back up to read it again. 

I don't know about you, but I always get nervous with sequels and worry that they won't be as good as the first book. Well, we need not worry with this book, because River has done an exceptional job. I have no complaints. River broke my heart with Holly's story and let Sy put it all back together. 

I loved it. I give it 5 stars

PURCHASE LINKS





No comments:

Post a Comment