Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

10 December 2014

❤❤Alarm by Shay Savage - 4 star review ❤❤



Chloe’s life is safe and comfortable. Meeting a tall, dark stranger covered in tattoos is not in her plans. Bad boys just aren’t her type, even if they gorgeous and built like a brick wall. The alarms in her head warn that Aiden Hunter is definitely on the list of men her mother told her to avoid, but she doesn’t listen.

Still, she finds herself drawn to Aiden and the excitement she is missing in her own life. He fills her days with thrills and danger, and her nights with passion she’s never experienced before. Even though she knows he’s hiding something from her, Chloe pushes away her concerns and dives into this new way of living.

Near the beach in Miami, Aiden teaches her to live life to the fullest as Chloe battles the internal warning bells that tell her to be wary. By the time she realizes her fears may be justified, it’s too late.

Aiden’s past is catching up to him, but is he the hunter or the hunted?




Talk about a book that has twists and turns I totally didn't see coming. Wow.

Wow. So Shay had me intrigued with that prologue. I mean how did we get there, I just had to know. 

At first the book moved a little slow to me and I found I got a little frustrated with our leading lady here. I get it. Your parents were strict and made you lead a boring life and not think before you speak. But, it just felt like it was repeated a little too many times. Thus leading to the other issue I had with her. She is horrible with communication because of this. I felt like if she would have just spoke to Aiden, asked questions, then so much would have been resolved. Though, then we wouldn't have as much tension as we did. 

Once I got to about half way through the book, that is when It really got good and I was totally and completed invested in this story. I HAD to know what was going to happen. I HAD to know what happened to Aiden. I HAD to know how their story would unfold. 

Shay totally surprised me with some of the twists and turns the story took. I didn't see them coming. Just when I thought there might be smooth sailing, she threw a little more drama at me and the ending.. GOOD LORD, emotions!!  And I loved it. I loved not only our front characters , but also Aidens friends with all their matchy matchy names. 

I gave this book 4 stars




No comments:

Post a Comment