Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

18 December 2014

❤❤ SLAY BY NINA LEVINE- 5 star review ❤❤




Book 4 in the Bestselling Storm MC Series by Nina Levine

BLOOD WILL BE SHED...

The ghosts of Donovan "Blade" Brookes' life are closing in on him. 

Hardened by an abusive childhood and haunted by the murder of his fiancé, Blade struggles against the dark forces threatening to consume him. When he helps Layla Reed in her hour of need, he has no idea she will be the light to his darkness. As they spend more time together, he is powerless to fight his desire for her. Powerless to fight his need for her. However, as his feelings deepen, he pushes her away, reluctant to drag her into his world. With enemies coming at him from all directions, Storm MC needing his help to fight off a rival, and his father still causing him grief, Blade needs the love of a good woman now more than ever. Can Layla push Blade to the edge and get him to admit to both of them what he wants? Or will the darkness pull him under once and for all?


Check out my reviews for other books in the series:
Storm (Storm MC #1)
Fierce (Storm MC #2)
Blaze (storm #2.5)
Revive (Storm MC #3) 

Now on to SLAY....

Jesus Nina. Every damn time I think it can't get better , or this guy may be my favorite, you make me eat my words. 

We've read about Blade in passing in previous books, in this one we really get to dig in deep and sink our teeth into him. And seriously, what's not to love about this man. He will do anything, absolutely anything for the people he loves. 

So much is going on in this book. It picks up with the shit that went down in the last book and Storm MC. Which, I still can't believe that shit Nina! But... But... Holy crap on a cracker, did you throw me through a hoop and knock me upside the head with a curve ball in this book. Some of these moves were totally unexpected. The game has changed, the players are different. Things I thought I knew, weren't exactly as they appeared. Things happened in this book that I absolutely loved. Sharon, Annie, Layla. Nina has done a great job with the women in her series. If they start out as vulnerable or weak in some aspect, she finds a way to make them strong- and strong on their own, not with a man behind them. And I love that about her. I also love the fact that the men, well the good ones, are faithful. That shows the strength of the male character. It also show the strength of the author that she doesn't need to have a man be an asshole and treat a woman like shit when they are in anMC, not that Blade is, but he's close-ish by association.. That they can respect, love, and be faithful and still be alpha dominant controlling men who also have strong willed, strong women by their sides backing them up. I just love that about her. I also love ninas writing style. It literally sucks me in until I am done with the book. I started this when I was in the middle of another book. My daughter had my tablet, so I opened my kindle app on my phone and started reading. Couldn't stop til it was over. Stayed up all night reading this book. I had to see how all this drama was going to be resolved. And let's be honest, I was dying to see how the Marcus bullshit played out. Damn Nina, I mean you really hit the nail on the head with that one there. He's a total grade A asshole villain. 


I can not say Enough good things about this book. 5 stars isn't enough. And I don't know how I'm going to make it til Illusive or Command. 






PURCHASE LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment