Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

05 December 2014

❤❤ Halligan To My Axe by Lani Lynn Vale- 4 star review ❤❤



You’re the Halligan... 
 Kettle had it all. Until he didn't. He lost it all in a moment. One heart stopping, soul shattering moment, and there wasn't a single thing he could do about it. From that day forward, he stayed away from relationships. Then he responded to a possible fire and there she was, rocking his world when he didn't want it to be rocked. 
 To My... 
 Adeline was just a schoolteacher. She lived a boring life. Until she stole something. And it didn't have anything to do with the sexy firefighter’s heart. Oh, she stole that, too, even if he didn't want it to be stolen.
 Axe... 
 Kettle didn't realize just what kind of trouble Adeline was in until it nearly ripped her from his life. There was no way anything was taking that away from him. Not again. One man was about to see up close and personal what fury looked like on the face of The Dixie Wardens MC’s enforcer.

You can find my 3.5 star review of book one, Lights To My Siren, HERE

Now on to Halligan to my Axe...

I don't know why, but I love that Lani takes the MC world and gives it a little twist and a cherry on top with the way she writes this series. It's not the normal raw, dirty, gritty, dark MC world. It's more of  raw with a twist. Our bikers have their dirty mouths, and they can sex it up like a Chip N Dale's dancer, but they're good guys. They're faithful, real, normal guys. They don't just live in the MC world, they have lives and jobs outside of the MC. Do they have the MC brotherhood that we know and love from MC books? Absolutely. But it's almost like you have to draw the line and say that's the dark side, and this, HTMA, is the bright side. So you get the feel of the MC but it's just not super dark. 

Now don't get me wrong, it's got drama. Totally doesn't pan out how you expect. You expect certain people to act certain ways or be bad, and you're surprised when may you are wrong. 

I love that Addy is a little spitfire, and lucky for us we get a double dose with her twin Viddy. You want to know why I say we're lucky? Because not only do we get to read about Kettle, but we also get to read about another MC brother of his who may or may not have the hots for Viddy. So we get two spitfires and a story and a half of a love story. Do I need to mention they are policemen and firemen? Yeah...there's that too..

I also feel like with this story, Lani's writing style totally stepped it up a little bit. I got a little lost in characters in the first book, but in this one, I don't feel like I had that issue.  It flowed seemlessly and kept me intrigued and interested the whole time. 

I give this book 4 stars

PURCHASE LINKS

Halligan to my Axe Kobo Link

No comments:

Post a Comment