Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

21 February 2017

❤❤3.5 star review of DEATH BEFORE DAWN by Amelia Hutchins ❤❤

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars




Hello Diary,

Not sure when I will have a chance to write again, so I’ll have to make this fast.
The search for my brother has been a long one and what I have seen along the way makes me question everything I was taught to believe about people and reinforces what my father said might happen if an apocalyptic event were to occur.
Jaeden and I have not had the easiest of times around each other, and I feel as If something is wrong. Way wrong. He and the other vampires are acting strange, and the wolves are only a little better.
I have a Sentinel following us, and I’m not sure if I can get him to train me, or if he is here to kill me.
I’m traveling further away from everything I know, and there is no one I can trust.
I’ll give more details shortly, gotta go….
~ Emma

*Reader Advisory* This is a paranormal urban fantasy with strong themes of violence and sexual situations that are only suitable for readers over the age of 18. If you do not like dark romance, this is not the book for you.


*arc provided by the author for an honest review*

Well, well well... That surely didn't turn out how I expected. Talk about fighting to the death. Sheesh. There were quite some times here that I was actually down right surprised and how gorey things got. Emma went from being this girl in the pack, the one that was Jaeden's right hand girl... well was... but still they were togetherish... Until.. Until .. the eyes.. the feeling.. the headgames.. .the Sentinel. Boy does he throw a wrench in her plans. But wait... since we're talking head games... What the actual hell Jaeden. When he sides with the vampires, I about threw my kindle. legit.. WHat the HELL JAEDEN! Every one under the sun can see these people are pulling one over on you! Except you! He used to be my favorite. Not ANYMORE buddy!

Moving on to the appearance of this mysterious, at the beginning, Sentinel. It's like there's this feeling of mystery when it comes to them. What is he? what powers does he have? how does he do it? what does he want with Emma? Then things start to unfold and she finds herself wanting him but she doesn't want to and she doesn't know why she does. Little by little, piece by piece, the truths comes out and you learn about him. Asrael, our Sentinel. And these two are then like ying and yang. He can feel certain things, he does certain things, and protects certain people . And she is his equal. Now doesn't that just throw a kink in it for Jaeden. And I kind of giggled like a school girl. because I felt like he deserved it. I know, I know.

I found myself getting irritated with the vampires. How long was it going to take for everyone to see what they were doing with the Ark, etc. What else is Emma going to have to suffer through at the hands of them? I mean really! And when the truth comes out about her mother and her brother! HOLY HEART BREAK Amelia! What are you doing to us!?

I did like the book. Sometimes, I wasn't so in to the sex, but the majority of the book I really really liked!
3.5 stars!


~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~~



No comments:

Post a Comment