Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

03 February 2017

❤❤DEFY by LJ SHEN 4.5 STAR REVIEW ❤❤



Defy

by

L.J. Shen






Defy is a smutty, insta-love, insta-lust short novella. Defy is a prequel to Vicious (Sinners of Saint #1). It is recommended, but unnecessary, to read Defy before reading Vicious.

First included in Hot for Teacher Anthology: 19 Stories Filled with Lust and Love.

My name is Melody Greene, and I have a confession to make.
I slept with my student, a senior in high school.
Multiple times.
I had multiple orgasms.
In multiple positions.
I slept with my student and I enjoyed it.
I slept with my student and I’d do it all over again if I could turn back time.
My name is Melody Greene, and I got kicked out of my position as a teacher and did my walk of shame a la Cersei Lannister from the principal’s office, minutes after said principal threatened to call the cops on me.
My name is Melody Greene, and I did something bad because it made me feel good.
Here is why it was totally worth it.



Another hot read by the author!

I am not normally a fan of student/teacher romances because I find them a little creepy, but if they were all done like this, I might read more.

Although the story is takes place mostly in Melody's head, it still reads well. I think there is enough sizzling sex and interaction with other characters to make you feel like you really are living her life and feeling her feels. 

My only complaint about being so in her head is that I want to read things from Jamie's perspective. I want to know what is going on in his head just as much. There is so much more that happens without Melody there that it feels a little weird, like being on purposely left in the dark. While Vicious' book answers some of those questions, I still want to know what makes Jamie tick during his affair with Melody.

If you can get past only seeing things from Melody's POV, this is an awesome teacher/student read. But just be prepared to feel like you are missing a little something.




PURCHASE LINKS:

***Available in Kindle Unlimited***



No comments:

Post a Comment