Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

15 February 2017

❤❤ ECHO by A Zavarelli Audio Review ❤❤

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A Dark Billionaire Romance








How far would you go to save someone you love? Would you give up your body? Your mind? Your heart? 

I did and it cost me everything. 

He says he owns me. And it’s true. 

I’ve signed over complete control of my body and life for six months to a man I don’t know. Five years he’s been planning this. They say revenge is a dish best served cold. But my blackmailer serves it up white hot. He’s addicted to my innocence, and I’m addicted to him. 

Echo (Bleeding Hearts, #1)
He likes to hurt me. I love to let him. He brings me to life. He sets me free. He makes my heart feel things it shouldn’t. 

But he also scares me. He holds the fate of my brother’s life in his hands. A life behind bars for crimes I know he didn’t commit. My blackmailer can’t give up his revenge on my family, and I can’t be with him if he doesn’t. But I’m nothing more than a butterfly caught in his net. Do I really have a choice? 








okay. so I've finished the audio. I have found there are things I both liked and disliked about it. maybe dislike isn't the right word. they just didn't jive right for me. maybe that's a better way to explain it.

I really like the idea of signing the contract to save someone she loves. I mean, it's only 6 months right. but... but.. but... how does she not recognize the voice? it's not like she's never crossed paths with it before. and that. that was my biggest hold up. once that happened, it kind of held me back on the rest of the book. I mean, it took him using her first name for reality to come crashing down? that's it? I mean, I get it, it's fiction, but... it just doesn't jive.

once she knows that part of the truth, the game really starts to get confusing. cat and mouse. hide and seek. peekaboo. games , games ,everywhere. who's telling the truth? who committed the crime? who's hiding what? I mean questions and games around every corner, you just never know who to trust. once you think you can trust him, a door is unlocked and you can't. as much as you want to, you just can't. you never know who you can trust because it seems like everyone's involved in some sort of game all the time.

I liked the twists and turns , and darkness between our two lovers. I'm not gonna lie, some of it was extremely hot . okay, a lot of it was, so Ms Zavarelli definitely brought it when it comes to the best between these two. it was dark and twisted, and erotic.

I am not a fan of cliffhangers, but I feel like we at least got some answers before our story cut off. I'm intrigued to see how this plays out and who ends up where.

I really think the narrator did a great job with this story. with everything she had to portray emotionally, she did a great job of making it seem realistic.

I can't wait for book two, I really wanna see how this plays out. 

~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~~

*complimentary copy received from the author for an honest and unbiased review*

No comments:

Post a Comment