Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

24 February 2017

❤❤ Ruined by Tracy Wolff 4 Star Review ❤❤

My Rating:  4 Out of 5

He’s the last man Chloe Girard should love . . . but the first she ever could.

Ethan Frost is a visionary, a genius, every woman’s deepest, darkest fantasy—even mine. And, somehow, I am his.

He stole into my life like a dream. Turned my reality upside down and made my every desire come true—especially those I never knew I had. He demanded everything I had to give and gave me everything of himself in return.

But dreams don’t last forever, and ours is no exception. Because my nightmares are darker, and my wounds deeper, than I could ever reveal. And as much as Ethan wants to protect me, the secrets we share will only tear us apart.

Includes a special message from the editor, as well as excerpts from other Loveswept titles.

Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

I have been hearing about Ruined and the infamous Ethan Frost for what seems like forever. Being as I'm not a huge fan of the drama and added angst that normally accompanies the new adult genre I've been putting off reading this book. I finally decided to read it and now I'm hooked. Don't get me wrong I still feel like there is a ton of drama and angst, but I don't feel like it's manufactured so much in this book. I get where it's all coming from and it's coming from a true place of fear and pain. 

Ethan Frost may be a very wealthy, sexy and successful man, but he's also kind and thoughtful. I enjoyed him immensely as a character. The fact that, although he has some things in his past that still haunted him, he realized his issues needed to take a backseat to Chloe's. Hers were much bigger and nothing was going to stop him from protecting her. Even if it meant leaving Chloe to do it. 

Chloe spent pretty much her entire life knowing that she had no one on her side. This isn't even just a young girl's impression of her past. Her parents made it loud and clear when they chose to take money for the hell Chloe was put through as a teenager rather than protect her and make the guilty pay. Chloe was blindsided when Ethan swooped into her life and tried to give her the love and protection that she deserved. The ghosts from Chloe's past made an ugly appearance and Chloe did the only thing she knew to do she tried pushing Ethan away. 

Together Chloe and Ethan could accomplish anything. They just need to learn to trust each other. Theirs is not an easy path and by the end of this book it was in no way any easier. Left with a cliffhanger that would make me scream if it wasn't for the 2nd book is already out we will now have to read Addicted to see if Chloe and Ethan get their happy. 

Overall I am very pleased with this first book of the Ethan Frost series and really hope the next book is as good as this one.

For me this was a 4 star read
Get your copy 

No comments:

Post a Comment